venerdì 20 marzo 2009

BELGIUM: ACEA bemoans 'devastating' crisis

17 March 2009 | Source: just-auto.com editorial team
The economic recession and financial crisis have a 'devastating' effect on the automotive industry with serious implications for the wider economy, according to a report by Global Insight commissioned by the European Parliament and seized on by carmakers' association, ACEA.

ACEA says that the current crisis is threefold in nature: financial, economic and structural:
Financial: a drastically limited access to credit; and high costs of credits if available, both for the manufactures, their suppliers and for potential buyers of cars and trucks;
Economic: a dramatic drop in demand for both passenger cars and commercial vehicles;
Structural: low margins due to an increasingly complex and diverse product portfolio; and an increasingly pressing demand to adapt manufacturing, logistics, vehicles and R&D to meet environmental needs
The report says the automotive industry is the 'engine' of the European economy: around one in ten jobs in Europe depend directly or indirectly on the automotive sector; the industry is the largest investor in innovation and R&D and a formidable export force.
Lower levels of automotive manufacturing in Europe have a large spiraling effect on the wider economy because of the thousands of small and medium sized companies involved in the supply chain, vehicle sales and after-sales services, the report says.
The relative overcapacity in the industry, though often cited, is not a reason for the troubles that auto manufacturers are currently facing, ACEA maintains.
The cause of the current crisis is the unprecedented credit crunch and the rapid deterioration of all key automotive markets, the report says.
The report goes on to say that 'it is most essential' that EU governments and institutions ensure access to liquidity, through the European Investment Bank and in other ways.
It's vital that governments stimulate demand for new vehicles with fleet renewal schemes: this will benefit both the economy and the environment, ACEA says.

11 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonimo ha detto...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonimo ha detto...

INSERT

Anonimo ha detto...

Thank You for the greet article ? I loved reading it!

Anonimo ha detto...

I like the valuable information you supply for your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll be informed many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next! car insurance in florida

Anonimo ha detto...

This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!
[url=http://buyneopoints2.jimdo.com/ ]buy neopoints[/url]


SethE14

Anonimo ha detto...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonimo ha detto...

the Web site of Learn More about the
Relevante links:

Anonimo ha detto...

My name is Liana Contrarez what an exccellent find for contributing excellent treasure of knowledge. This spot is positively a boost and will advance me with my ideas. I'm one hundred percent blown away by the expertise that you have on this website. It is an example of how nicely everybody has understood concepts. I saved this blog and will visiting often for trending posts. You my buddies are the best experts. I accidently found the knowledge that I had already searched all over the place and simply couldn't locate. What a great spot. In my spare time I am always studying [url=http://www.gotwebsite1.com/index-4]miami best seo company[/url] Its an interesting because it helps to make your web design rise to the top of the search engines on google and will get more members to sigh up which will increase the knowledge base. I would like to salute for the efforts you have put in writing this website. In fact your creative writing technical expertise has made me to want to start my own site. Actually blogging is getting known to more people fast. In my off time when I am not searching the internet I am also deeply into [url=http://elitesportsadvisor.com/nba] bet las vegas[/url] Well, hope to chat with you a lot.

Anonimo ha detto...

Woah this weblog is magnificent i love studying your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You understand, lots of people are looking round for this information, you could help them greatly.

Anonimo ha detto...

Fine way of telling, and good piece of writing to take facts regarding my
presentation subject matter, which i am going
to deliver in academy.